Create New Customer
- First, click the Customers link in the left-hand navigation menu and then click the New Customer button at the top-right of the Customers listings page.
- Most of the fields are self-explanatory but for clarity some of them have been listed below:
A reference number or something you uniquely identify the customer with.
Billed Directly - All invoices issued on any charges incurred by the customer will be created against the customer's billing address. In the case of invoice delivery, if the delivery type is email, the customer will directly receive invoices as attachments.
Parent Billing - If a customer is not set to be billed directly, a parent customer must be chosen as the billing entity of any charges incurred. Any charges applied against the customer's ledger will be invoiced to the parent customer, and the charges will appear within the parent customer's invoices, under a specific heading indicating which child company incurred the charges.
If a customer is exempt from local tax laws, i.e. Value-Added Tax (VAT) in the United Kingdom, Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Australia etc.
Which tariff your customer belongs to, for more on tariffs, please see our Tariffs knowledge base section.
Which schedule your customer belongs to, for more on schedules, please see our Schedules knowledge base section.
Email - Send the customer's invoices via email.
None - Do not send out invoices via email for this customer.
Email address to send invoices to (if applicable).
Custom Payment Instructions
Customer-specific payment instructions that will appear on this customer's PDF invoices.
Custom Payment Terms
Customer-specific amount of days until you require payment.
When the billing run takes place, all outstanding calls get aggregated into a single call statement that's included as part of the invoice email. This call statement can be generated in different formats:
None - Selecting this option will omit call statements from being included and sent out alongside your invoices.
CSV - The Comma Separated Values format is a plain text file which is compatible with Excel. The file size of CSVs tends to be very small due to their simple nature. If you are issuing call statements with more than 20,000 calls, we strongly recommend using the CSV format.
PDF - A PDF call statement will take into account your invoice's branding (contact details, logo, theme colours), and generate a neatly formatted PDF with all calls listed. A sample PDF call statement is attached with this article.
Summarised Call Amount Threshold
Summarise calls together that fall under a specific amount threshold, for more information, see our Summarised Calls knowledge base article.
Exclude Bundled Calls From Being Summarised
Check this box if you would like your customer's bundle minutes to remain itemised.
Exclude From Exports/Reports
Choose whether to exclude this customer from Eazipay exports.
A reference to replace the default customer reference field within Eazipay exports, using this field will override the customer's DD code.
- Once you are happy with the values you have entered, click the Create customer button at the bottom of the form to complete the process and create the customer.
Edit Existing Customer
- First, click the Customers link in the left-hand navigation menu and then select the customer you wish to edit from the Customers listings page.
- This will take you to the Customer Detail screen, from here use the sub-navigation menu to select Edit Details.
- Amend the form fields as required (see above for field explanations).
- Once you are happy with the values you have entered, click the Save changes button at the bottom of the form to complete the process and update the customer's details.