Add a GoCardless payment method to a customer
- First, navigate to Customers in the left-hand navigation menu and then proceed to select the customer you wish to add a payment method to from the customer listings.
- On the Customer Details screen, click Paymernts in the sub-navigation menu.
- Click the Add Payment Method button at the top-right of the Customer Charges listings page.
- From the first step of the wizard, select your payment provider from the Provider drop-down list and click the Continue button.
- Next are the setup options, select the appropriate Action drop-down list:
Send out a new Direct Debit mandate
By selecting this option, the second field available to you will be Email, fill in the email address of the customer you wish to send a mandate request out to.
Link to existing GoCardless mandate
By selecting this option, the second field available to you will be Mandate. Click the Choose Mandate button and a list of all your customers with existing mandates will appear below. From the list, locate the customer whose mandate you wish to use and click anywhere on the row to reveal the associated bank details for that mandate. Click the Choose Mandate button beside the bank information to close the list and place the bank details in the Mandate field itself.
- Once you are happy with the value you have entered, click the Continue button at the bottom of the form.
If you elected to send out a new Direct Debit mandate, this will send out a basic email to the specified email address, branded with your organisation's logo, that directs your customer to the GoCardless website to complete the setup of the new mandate.
If you elected to use an existing mandate, this will now be assigned to the specified customer.
Once your customer has either set up a new mandate or you have chose an existing mandate, it will now appear in the Payments page.