Create a new product
- First, click the Products link in the left-hand navigation menu and then click the New Product button at the top-right of the Products listings page.
- For a rundown of the fields:
New Product Details
The name of the product or service you wish to create.
A reference code or unique identifier, without spaces, which you use to identify the product.
The category a product falls under, such as "Broadband", "Voice", "Data" etc.. If a value is entered, this will be used to break your invoices down by category for your customer's convenience.
A code specific to this product that you use within third-party accountancy packages for the purposes of exporting invoices.
All Charges and Products can have either a Single or Recurring charge type. This defines whether any ledger entries applied against a customer will be treated as a one-off, or whether they will be applied on a regular interval in conjunction with the Frequency property.
Frequency (if Recurring is the selected value of Charge Type)
How often your customer is charged for this product or service.
Custom Tax Rate
If your customer uses a custom tax rate, enter it here.
Cost of Sale (per Quantity)
This cost to you for providing this product or service to your customers, this will be multiplied by the Quantity field.
To add a new tariff to the product, first click the Add New Tariff button. This will create a new row within the Tariffs table, where you can select an existing tariff to use within the Tariff drop-down list and enter the amount the product costs into the Amount field.
Once you are happy with the values you have entered, you can use the Save and Cancel links to right of the fields to either allocate the tariff and amount to the product or cancel the process respectively.
- Once you are happy with the values you have entered, click the Create product button at the bottom of the form to complete the process and create the product. You can now assign this product to your customers via creating a new charge.
Edit an existing product
- First, click the Products link in the left-hand navigation menu and then select the product you wish to edit from the Products listings page by clicking its respective Edit button in the Actions column.
- Amend the form fields as required (see above for field explanations).
- Once you are happy with the values you have entered, click the Save changes button at the bottom of the form to complete the process and update the product's details. You can now assign this product to your customers via creating a new charge.