- First, navigate to Customers in the left-hand navigation menu and then proceed to select the customer you wish to enable customer portal access for from the customer listings.
- On the Customer Details screen, click Portal Access in the sub-navigation menu.
- In the Access email address field, enter the email address your customer will use to login to the portal with.
- Once you are happy with the value you have entered, click the Enable access button to complete the process and send an activation email to the email you entered in the Access email address field.
Allow customers to set up their own access
- First, click Settings in the left-hand navigation menu and then click Customer Access in the menu that appears.
- Check the Allow customer registration checkbox.
- Once you have done this, click the Save changes button at the bottom of the form to complete the process.
Every time an invoice email is sent out, a new paragraph of text will be added giving your customers instructions on how to access the Customer Access portal, and how to register with it.
Custom Email Templates
If your account has a customised email template set up for emailing invoices, you will want to add the following line in the body of the email:
<!--BEGIN:CUSTOMERACCESS--> <p> You can also view this invoice through our <a target="_blank" href="$CustomerAccessUrl$">billing portal</a>. If you don't already have access to this portal, please <a target="_blank" href="$CustomerAccessSetupUrl$">register here</a>. </p> <!--END:CUSTOMERACCESS-->
The necessary variables will automatically be replaced with the correct content.